Sunday, September 27, 2009

POTS FROM THE FIRST FIRING







I am posting some pieces from the first firing that show the effect of ash and a little soda on the glazed pots. There is a mixture of stoneware, white stoneware and porcelain in this firing so the surfaces are mixed in terms of how the glazes are being influenced by the color of clay under them. Some have more ash intertwined with the glaze and these pieces were closer to the firebox. I was pleased and surprised by the surface effects that I attained in this first firing.

1 comment:

Mary Baugh said...

nice pots, Chance. I think i like the second one down the best, that small lid on the big pot, recessed a little. I like it. just kinda poking over the top.

glad you (finally) finished the kiln, I know you worked really hard. Also hoping the sabbatical is treating you well and you're making a lot of pots (but of course you are)

go throw more and fill that thing up again!

I just finished reduction solo fire #4 all day, so much learning so many pots!

peace love and teapots from Mississippi, mary baugh